Lesson One: Community, Context, and Culture
What is your personal definition of culture, and where do you find joy in your life?
- Watch the video in which Soul Science Lab explores what “culture” means to them as individuals and a group.
- Note where Chen and Asante bring up specific parts of their lives that help to define their culture (for example, food, music, stories, clothing).
- Create your own brainstormed list of all the ways that you think about culture in your life.
- Talk to your family and friends to make sure you have explored all the possibilities.
- Be sure to write down the words or phrases that represent the different parts of your culture.
Aligned with Blueprint for Teaching & Learning in Music and NYS Learning Standards for the Arts. Download a copy below.
02 Make a Joyful Noize - Chapter 1a - We Got That.pdf